Lessons via Zoom – Private Online Photography Education
I am offering private photography lessons via Zoom.
One on One Photography Instruction
- Tailored specifically to fit your individual needs
- You pick the topics that you like to learn
- We will go through the information at the pace that is best for you
- You can ask as many questions as you want
- You can pick the day and time of the lesson. I am very flexible
Will there be a recording?
Yes, there will be a recording of our session available to you. This allows you to go over any detail again at your pace. You can either watch it on a custom/private page or download it to your computer.
What is the price?
- 1 hour $100
- 2 hours $150
2 hours is recommended as that time allows us to cover the workflow at an easy to follow pace and leaves time for discussion. You can purchase multiple blocks of time.
Private: 1 Hour Zoom Session
2 Hour Zoom Session
How does it work?
Please use my contact form and let me know your level of photography experience and topics you would like to learn. Then (or before) you can pay for one or two hours of online education. After payment, we can schedule an appointment. You can also buy lessons as a gift for other people.
We will connect using Zoom. It is free software. During the Zoom session we can talk to each other and I can share my desktop view directly with you. You will be able to see exactly what I am doing in Photoshop or any other program. It is a fun and laid-back way of learning but also offers a lot of information. A video for personal use only (please do not distribute online) will be available afterwards so you can go over each step again.
Please contact me for further information or to book a session!
Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
Most topics relate to landscape photography but can, of course, be applied to other photography genres.
Subjects include but are not limited to:
- Photography 101
- Best Practices
- Camera Settings
- Gear and equipment
- Lens choices
- How to plan with Software Apps
- Critique of your photos/portfolio
- Adobe Camera RAW / Lightroom
- Topaz Plugins
- Nik Collection
- Skylum Luminar
- TK Panel and Lumenzia
- HDR Photography
- Focus Stacking
- Luminosity Masks (TK Panel or Lumenzia)
- Night Photography (Milky Way, Stacking, Tracking)
I can show you how I process my photos or we can use yours. RAW files are highly preferred.
- Get the most out of the RAW files
- Color Correction & Curves
- Sharpening & Noise Reduction
- Luminosity Masks and Layers
- Preparing a photo for the Web
- Preparing a photo for Printing
- Dodging and Burning
- Blending Exposures/HDR
- Creative Effects
You will need
- Skype (free to download and sign up/use)
- Microphone (internal or external) to communicate with me
- Speakers or headphone to hear me
- Processing software such as Photoshop
- High-Speed Internet
Detailed Night Photos